Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day


Inspite a hectic day I simply had to meet up with an old friend. A very, very old friend who inspite of his ups and downs was loyal and good hearted, that is difficult to find today.

A genuine friend whom I am grateful to have met and known. Today’s meeting was rather weird as my feeling and knowledge that this will be the last I would see him before he leaves this world. I have never been wrong when it comes to death.

This meeting on his part was full of anger, frustration and regrets about his wife. For the past nine years he had been living alone due to his selfish wife.

My friend has four girls. After the birth of the third girl, the wife had an affair with her colleague and left home. My friend’s mother had to look after the girls. After a couple of months the wife returned home after she was thrown out by the man. My friend forgave her for the sake of the children and soon they had another girl. Again she ran off with another man. When she returned, my friend again forgave her. But this time she refused to look after the youngest child and treated her like an orphan. The relationship between my friend and his wife was never the same after that. My friend tried his best to be a good husband and father to the children but the wife refused to have him touch her and shown her frustration by accusing him of having affairs with so and so. Everyday she would tell the children that the father was a good for nothing and sleeping with this and that woman. But the truth was, he was the most faithful man I have ever met. After the death of his mum, his best friend and myself pushed him to get a second wife. Which he did eventually but he up us by getting two more wives.

But things did not work out smoothly because the first wife decided to use the service of the bomohs. So after a short blissful life, he decided to divorce the other three wives and accepted the first wife accusation and spite for the sake of the children.

Today all four girls are married and he is a proud grandfather of three. His wife left home nine years ago today and presently staying with the third daughter. But for the past nine years the wife had taken everything from him and is presently fighting in court over the house he is staying in which is worth RM1million. My friend had told the girls that he is too old to fight her and does not mind her coming back home and live the balance of whatever time they have left together. But the wife is determine to make him homeless.

As a friend I feel helpless. I hope and pray that the wife and his third daughter whom he had also not seen for the past nine years would reconcile and ask for forgiveness before he closes his eyes.

No comments:

RM1 billion takeover of KKMart coming soon.

  Conspiracy, conspiracy. That is the hot issue today. Before I start, can you guess WHO STAND TO GAIN OVER THE SOCK ISSUE? EBIT LIEW LOST H...