Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Open Letter to V.K.Chin's Comment in the Star on the 20th May 2008

I fail to understand your comment “it would also be quite impossible for the Government to accommodate all those to study the courses of their choice, especially in highly competitive subject such as medicine, dentistry or pharmacy.” The PSD Department chooses the course for you not the other way round. My nephew was forced to take architecture instead of engineering which he is passionate about. It was that or nothing. My friends’ children all took medicine because that was the only course force down by PSD. So it is no surprise these people do not come back because that was not the course they applied and wanted. Many of them are now working in different profession and refused to return home.

I agree with you to abolish the matriculation program. All schools in Malaysia instigate, discourage and force student to go into this program rather than Form Six. All my children share this dilemma. The teachers in Form Six just refuses to teach them. Beside my children, I have spoken to parents and other students who simply do not understand why the Guru Besar and the Ministry of Education refused to look into this despite numerous complain each year. Lower Six teachers are never around to teach, they are always attending seminars, courses or pregnant. I myself have question teachers who are supposed to be at seminars caught shopping in town or are at the movies. They have never given me an honest answer.

I disagree “high achievers from Kedah, Penang, Perak or Selangor they can always obtain scholarships from their state governments.” OUR TAXES goes to the government and not to the individual states. You cannot take our money and ask another person to take responsibility for our child’s education. That is illogical. Would you agree to pay for my utilities bill? The state government can recreate more grants and loans but the SOLE RESPONSIBILITY LIES WITH THE GOVERNMENT OF MALAYSIA.

The last part which I cannot comprehend and find it difficult to digest is “it is not god-given right that every top scorer should be so fortunate though in a perfect society, every such student should automatically be fully funded in furthering his or her studies.” If the government is caring and serious about our children’s future they would have revamp the PSD, Mara and PETRONAS funding system whereby a manageable and systematic approach could be found to ensure ALL MALAYSIANS REGARDLESS OF RACE can reach for their DEGREE and MASTER. Stop talking and do the right thing. I have written to Tan Sri Sidek to offer my service for free with no string attached to revamp the system. My proposal will even benefit ALL SECONDARY, PRIMARY AND SPECIAL SCHOOLS in Malaysia and able to achieve return of such fund if not 100% but at least 70%. Check around if you have the time, the citizens of this country only ask for help to ensure their children’s future not FREE MONEY.

No comments:

Can a Dead Duck come back alive?

  I HAVE NOT SEEN A MIRACLE FOR A LONG, LONG TIME. HAVE YOU SEEN ONE? ZAHID GIVEN A DNAA. NAJIS SENTENCE GIVEN A 50% DISCOUNT. ZAFRUL NOT CH...