Saturday, September 7, 2013

Living in a sick nation

Woman decries children’s conversion to Islam

SEREMBAN: A mother of two has alleged that her children have been converted into Islam without her knowledge by her husband on April 2013.

S Deepa, 29, from Jelebu, Negeri Sembilan said her lorry-driver husband N Viran, 30, left her and her children 16 months ago and never supported her or their children financially.

“On April 4, this year, around 10am I went to the kindergarten to pick up my son, Mithran, 5. He was not there and I was told that my husband had taken him away.

“Coincidently I went to Pusat Dakwah Islamiah Negeri Sembilan in Paroi to collect the confirmation letter of Viran’s conversion into Islam to submit to the court for a divorce.

“I was shocked to see Mithran and my eight year old daughter, Sharmila, with my husband at Pusat Dakwah Islamiah Negeri Sembilan.

“An argument broke out between my husband and I when I found out that he had converted Sharmila and Mithran without my knowledge and permission.

“I then demanded an explanation from the officer in charge whose name was Ustaz Zul and he told me that he converted my children as my husband told him that I was having an affair with another man and that I sold my body and I was unable to take care of my children.

“This is absurd as he (Viran) is the one who neglected me and our children for the past 16 months. I asked Ustaz Zul to settle this matter and he asked me to come the next day to reverse the conversion of my children.

“When I returned the next day, Ustaz Zul told me the matter was out of his hands and that I have to go to Syariah Court to seek redress.

I then lodged a police report as the conversion of my children was done without my knowledge and permission. I’m also very worried that my children would be snatched from me while at school,” Deepa told a press conference.

Hindraf lawyer, S Karthigesan who is representing Deepa said he had no objections to the conversion but must be done according to the constitution.

“Converting kids without the consent and knowledge of the mother is a direct confrontation with the constitution and freedom of religion.

“They should not use any opportunity they get to convert minors. I will file an application in the civil court to reverse the decision,” said Karthigesan.

He said the names of the children too ,have been changed since they had converted. Sharmila’s Muslim name is Nurul Nabila while Mithran is now Nabil.

Negeri Sembilan Hindraf chief, S Sivakumar, urged the government to put a stop on these kinds of cases.

No comments:

RM1 billion takeover of KKMart coming soon.

  Conspiracy, conspiracy. That is the hot issue today. Before I start, can you guess WHO STAND TO GAIN OVER THE SOCK ISSUE? EBIT LIEW LOST H...