Friday, February 8, 2013

RM1.2 million show off

UMNO leader 'shows the money' - piles of it - at event

A Kelantan UMNO branch chief's act of arranging piles of cash during a ceramah programme has taken one step further the well-known cash-for-votes campaign practised by Barisan Nasional.
“This money is proof to residents that I, as the Tanah Merah UMNO chief, have the financial means to help the locals in the estates,” said Ikmal Hisham Abdul Aziz.
“I brought that much of money to the event to convince the locals that the Tanah Merah UMNO under me will not make empty promises."
Two days ago, Devandran Vadiveloo, 34, a resident from Ladang Kerilla, said she saw the UMNO leader placing cash amounting to RM1.2 million in front of the audience during a programme in her neighbourhood.
“I was shocked because the UMNO leader had RM1.2 million in cash. From where he obtained the money?” asked Devandran.
“On behalf of the Indian community at Ladang Kerilla, I hope the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) will investigate,” she added.
In response, Gual Ipoh state assemblyman Wan Yusoff Wan Mustafa described Ikmal’s act as unprecedented even by UMNO's standards.
“When I was told about it, I did not quite believe it, until I was shown the picture," he added.
“I hope the relevant authorities will investigate the issue because it also involves the dignity of the locals here,” he said.
Over 50 residents in Gual Ipoh have lodged report with the Malaysian Anti Corruption Commission over the incident.
-Harakahdaily
Hello! anyone from PDRM or MACC.  Are you still sleeping or blind?

No comments:

RM1 billion takeover of KKMart coming soon.

  Conspiracy, conspiracy. That is the hot issue today. Before I start, can you guess WHO STAND TO GAIN OVER THE SOCK ISSUE? EBIT LIEW LOST H...