Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Carjacked and Abducted



CARJACKED AND ABDUCTED AT MAIN ROAD, TAMAN BUKIT PRIMA 9 FEBRUARY 2012,
8.52 PM (incident partially captured by CCTV)

My name is Sally, wife to Mr Tan and mother to Jasmine. Moving into Bukit
 Prima fulfilled our lifes desire to live in a quiet, healthy and peaceful environment with a caring neighbourhood.

On the night of 9 February 2012, a horrific, life-threatening incident
 befell me which I know will impact my view of life for a long time to come.
I want to share my experience with you, my fellow neighbours, to create
 awareness and hopefully give you enough reason to support our Bukit Prima Residents Committee in their tireless effort to improve the safety of our neighbourhood.

At 8.52 PM, as I turned into our main entrance road, having dropped off
 Jasmine at her tuition centre, and cruised down slope to navigate across the road bump, I felt my car being bumped from behind.

Against my first instinct to just forget the incident, I looked into my
 rear mirror and saw the car behind me signaling to move to the side. My thoughts then shifted to that perhaps its one of residents as we were

already within the neighbourhood and this is a closed road. With a mixture
 of slight annoyance, curiosity and acknowledging what I thought was a kind gesture on the part of the car driver to stop, I stopped and even came out of my car.
THAT WAS THE MOST NAÏVE, STUPID, AND REGRETFUL ACTION I HAVE EVER MADE
 WHICH WILL STICK IN MY MEMORY FOR LIFE.
 
A burly Indian man emerged from their drivers seat and moved towards me and another Indian man put his head out of the co-drivers seat, still politely but firmly telling his friend to settle?.

Before I could react in any way, the big man got into my car driver seat, a
 split second scuffle followed (my memory blurred out a bit here) and I found myself being shoved into the back seat as I screamed my lungs out.

I mustered all my strength to fight off the man, still screaming
 as the car screeched into moving gear. Very quickly I was overpowered, as my car was driven away, with me pinned down to the floor in the back seat, weakened both from the struggle and the effects of the taser gun the man used on me.

I realized then that it was futile to fight back. I begged them to let me
 out and take the car. My abduction lasted about 1 hour, during which time I was threatened with a parang to give them my ATM card, PIN Number and IC number. At one point, I was gagged and tied up, as they stopped at what appeared to be a meeting point.

I heard many men shouting at each other, all in Tamil, I guessed about 4 to
 6 men altogether. I was then dragged out of my car into another car. Having lost my glasses and weakened and terrified to my wits end, I simply submitted to all their demands. I was driven around again, being asked repeatedly for my ATM Pin and IC number with some sort of assurance that they would let me go after they get the money.

My life hung on the balance for the next half hour
 (it felt like forever) as the parang was constantly in my face and I was warned of the consequences should the money failed to dispense from the ATM machine. Finally the phone call came, I was given back my purse with RM20 for taxi fare, and got pushed out into at the dark street.

Dazed but grateful for my life I finally got help from a kind, young
 Chinese man at nearby shop that I stumbled into. The rest is history.

Because I am fortunate enough to live to tell my story, I want to
 share my experience with the sincere hope that you will take away THREE KEY MESSAGES
THE POLICE TOLD ME THAT CARJACK CRIMES ARE INCREASING AT AN ALARMING RATE. THE GANGS TEND TO TARGET SINGLE WOMEN OR OLDISH MEN DRIVING HIGH END CARS.
MESSAGE 1
IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, NEVER EVER STOP, LEAST OF ALL, GET OUT OF YOUR
 CAR, WHEN YOU ARE KNOCKED FROM BEHIND. JUST DRIVE AS FAST AS YOU CAN TO THE NEAREST POLICE STATION OR GUARDHOUSE OR ANYWHARE WHERE THERE ARE LOTS OF PEOPLE. REMEMBER, NEVER GET OUT OF YOUR CAR.

MESSAGE 2
IF YOU WITNESS ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY, PLEASE DO CALL 999 AND GIVE THEM
 THE LOCATION OF THE INCIDENT.

THE COMMITTEE INTENDS TO BUILD A GAURDHOUSE AT OUR MAIN ENTRANCE ROAD FOR
 BETTER SECURITY. THERE HAS BEEN CRIME RELATED INCIDENTS BEFORE, EVEN IF MY EXPERIENCE IS THE WORST.
MESSAGE 3
I URGE ALL RESIDENTS OF BUKIT PRIMA TO GIVE OUR UNDIVIDED SUPPORT TO THE COMMITTEE FOR THIS AND ANY OTHER SECURITY PROJECTS THAT THEY PLAN ON TAKING ON. YOUR FAMILYS SECURITY AND SAFETY IS PRICELESS.THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR READING THIS, AND BETTER STILL, FOR ACTING TO SUPPORT THE COMMITTEE AND OUR NEIGHBOURHOOD.

No comments:

RM1 billion takeover of KKMart coming soon.

  Conspiracy, conspiracy. That is the hot issue today. Before I start, can you guess WHO STAND TO GAIN OVER THE SOCK ISSUE? EBIT LIEW LOST H...