Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Last Hoorah

December is always a busy month for me. Year in, year out this particular month is a month of celebration and sorrow. I have to attend birthdays, weddings, celebrations, funerals, birth, gathering of fellowship and visits to relatives or friends in hospital. The swift of wave is so fury and fast that before I know it December has come and gone. Each year I feel hopeless I did not achieve much for this particular month. In a way it is good for my soul to find peace in December.

Last Sunday 22nd December the old boys of class 68/70 of MCKK celebrated their 40th anniversary. I enjoyed myself very much. I notice many of them are still very alert and energetic in spirit and mind. Would it not be possible to put them into good use for our future generation and this country? Many of them are talented in music and play. Now that most of them have retired and plenty of time to spare, why not do a musical play? Proceed collected can use as sponsorship for all-rounder students who are in need of scholarship to study overseas. I stress on all-rounder students because the ones with 7 till 13 As have time again proven they have difficulties in finishing their studies in Universities overseas. Our students should study in oversea universities because the local ones have questionable quality and standard because the owners of local universities have never been passionate about education but only money. Who does not want money? But hey! You can make passionate money and still instil good quality teaching.

As for their spouses, they can contribute by opening a cafĂ© or restaurant as a long term investment. Many of them are fantastic cooks and bakers. I know women are a bitchy lot but money profited can also help them to ease their medical and utilities bills. I honestly do not know why they cannot put aside their ego and work as a team. Women………………

Well time is very near for some and others will definitely get to meet again for the golden 50th anniversary. Count your blessing for being alive each day and May you perform a useful task a day for the rest of your breathing days.

This piece is dedicated to my uncle who passed away last week at a ripe age of 84. May he rest in peace.

No comments:

Can a Dead Duck come back alive?

  I HAVE NOT SEEN A MIRACLE FOR A LONG, LONG TIME. HAVE YOU SEEN ONE? ZAHID GIVEN A DNAA. NAJIS SENTENCE GIVEN A 50% DISCOUNT. ZAFRUL NOT CH...