Friday, October 3, 2008

The Power Of Prayer

I was brought up in a slightly different environment than the norm. It was not of choice but because of my destiny to have to live with 49 male youth to test their faith in God, they were trained and guided to be priest. I had my share of being bullied and knowledge of growing up with them, their inner secrets and weakness.

After school, my days were spent roaming the whole compound alone. My 49 brothers were either busy with their assignments or in school. My playground extended beyond the Archbishop’s residence. During his free time the Archbishop would be walking around the compound reading a book. He is the only man I have known who does both.

The late Archbishop Emeritus Tan Sri Dominic Vendargon was like a Father to me. He taught me to read, he indulge and loved me like his own daughter. He never ever scolded me when I ransacked his bedroom and always laughed at my mischievous act.

I remembered one of the things he said to me was that my destiny lies with men. The men in my life are my lifeboat but a few of their spouses will try to sink me. But always remember to pray daily to counter such act. God listen and answer. We just have to open our eyes and see the answer. Sometimes it takes a longer time because the timing is not right. Have a little more faith in your prayers and things will work out eventually. If you pray for more money then it will never come. God only help those who help themselves.

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri Dengan Ingatan Tulus Ikhlas Maaf Zahir Batin. What does it mean to our Malaysian Politicians who are not sincere when they utter such greeting? Look closely at the recent PM’s raya greeting to all Malaysian, he was shivering and trembling at his words. He knows, we know and God knows he is guilty as hell. But soon he will learn the meaning of karma.

Let’s do our bit and pray for the abolishment of ISA and be strong in our belief a worthy leader can lead this country before we sink further.

No comments:

Very Sad Day for All Malaysians

  High Court dismisses durian farmers’ judicial review application THERE IS NO JUSTICE WHEN IT COMES TO OUR RIGHTS. IN MALAYSIA ONE CANNOT W...