FUCK THE SYSTEM
A LETTER TO ALL MALAYSIANS
Dear fellow Malaysians,
I write this as a frustrated and disappointed Malaysian — not for any political party, but as a citizen who wants a better Malaysia.
For years, we have heard promises of reform, integrity and a fight against corruption. Yet ordinary Malaysians continue to struggle with the cost of living while political leaders continue to fight over power and position.
Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim has repeatedly promised a strong fight against corruption. But many Malaysians are now asking whether his government's actions and outcomes match those promises.
Look at the contrast.
An ordinary person can be jailed for stealing basic necessities. But when allegations involve millions or hundreds of millions of ringgit and powerful politicians, cases can end in DNAA, NFA or pardon.
Ahmad Zahid Hamidi faced 47 charges involving corruption, criminal breach of trust and money laundering. He received a DNAA in 2023, followed by an NFA decision in 2026.
Former Prime Minister Najib Razak, convicted in the SRC International case, has now received a conditional pardon allowing him to serve the remainder of his sentence under house arrest.
And now UMNO has launched a RM50 million donation drive to help Najib pay the fine attached to his pardon.
I ask all Malaysians:
What about the petty thief who cannot afford bail, a lawyer or a fine? Who is going to raise RM50 million for him?
Who is going to help his family?
This creates a deeply troubling perception of one system for the powerful and another for ordinary Malaysians.
More importantly, what message does this send to future politicians?
If politicians see that even after a major corruption conviction there can be a pardon, house arrest and a political fundraising campaign to help pay the fine, could some conclude that the consequences of corruption are not serious enough to deter them?
That is the danger.
And this concern should apply to every political party — including UMNO and PAS. It is not about race. It is about political culture and accountability.
No politician, regardless of party, religion or position, should ever believe that power can protect them from the consequences of wrongdoing.
There is also the US$13 million overseas property being investigated by MACC over alleged links to 1MDB funds. Let the investigation establish the truth. If there is wrongdoing, prosecute it. If there is none, clear those involved.
I am not asking for political persecution.
I am not asking for innocent people to be punished.
I am asking for one standard of justice.
If an ordinary Malaysian steals, the law must apply. If a politician is accused of corruption, the law must also apply.
If someone is guilty, punish them.
If someone is innocent, clear them.
If a prosecution is stopped, explain why.
If a pardon is granted, explain the constitutional process as fully as possible.
No politician should be above the law.
Malaysia does not belong to UMNO, PAS, PKR, DAP, Bersatu, BN, PH or PN.
Malaysia belongs to all Malaysians.
Political parties come and go. Leaders come and go.
But the country remains.
So, fellow Malaysians:
Do not blindly defend any politician.
Look at the facts.
Ask questions.
Demand accountability.
I am frustrated because I love Malaysia.
I am disappointed because I believe we can do better.
The rakyat deserve better.
Comments