Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What A Start

Like any new happening, one would look forward to a positive start to begin with. So it was in their mind that the second day after New Year would be a positive day. My two sons took things easy without knowing the day will end with them fighting and getting hurt in the process, with a robber armed with not one but two parangs.

Being young and with no experience been in any fight small or big, my sons had a shock when approached by a malay man, who took out a parang and demanded for their hand phone and cash. As this happened the third time round, one of my son did not want the robber to get away again, did a rugby tackle and brought the robber flat on the floor, what happened next was swift and fast. The robber swung his parang at him and he got a deep cut on the forehead. Another cut at the back of his head. Luckily his brother reacted fast and took two cake knives and slashed the robber’s back and disarmed him. Had he not reacted fast I believe my other son would have been killed.

I have to count my blessing my sons are okay but have advice them it is not worth our lives to fight with these robbers who are willing to died to rob.

A policeman dropped by today to enquire and I had informed him that my son had just been discharge from the hospital and is recovering at home. During our conversation I was surprised to learn the robber used to work for a bank. He was influenced by his friends to take drugs and later lost his job and his wife. He took to robbing to satisfy his addiction and was just released from prison six months ago. He stays in Ampang.

Crimes rate in Taman Maluri, Kampung Pandan and Desa Pandan have increased five fold for the past two years. Most of the crime reported are said to be done by local Malays who are drug addicts or too lazy to work. The youngest robber happens to be just over ten years old.

Our police force should buckle up and do their job properly. I understand that connection and relatives of police officers are the main culprits for most of these robbers been let off easily. Even the offer of monetary gain is not new. So what does that leave us the people of this country?

This country is badly in need of a major change. We do need a government who CARES.

No comments:

RM1 billion takeover of KKMart coming soon.

  Conspiracy, conspiracy. That is the hot issue today. Before I start, can you guess WHO STAND TO GAIN OVER THE SOCK ISSUE? EBIT LIEW LOST H...