The airport that guarantees your luggage will arrive! Japan's Kansai hub hasn't lost a single suitcase in 21 YEARS
- Skytrax found Kansai International as the top airport for baggage handling
- Kansai has not lost a single piece of luggage in the 21 years its been open
- In recent ranking of top 10 airports, seven of the ten are located in Asia
It is one of the most infuriating issues travellers face - disembarking form their flight, only to find their luggage hasn't made it.
But, if you want to guarantee your luggage will never be lost, you will need to fly in to Kansai International Airport, in Osaka, Japan.
Since it opened its doors in 1994, the airport has never lost a piece of luggage, giving it an impeccable 21-year record.
Kansai International Airport in Japan has never lost a piece of luggage since opening its doors in 1994
And if returning luggage to travellers isn't enough, the airport also does so in an incredibly efficient way.
According to the company, the staff places suitcases on carousels with their handles facing outwards, making it easier for travellers to collect their luggage, which has been singled out as a small but very important strategic detail.No wonder a recent ranking of the top 10 airports for baggage handling saw the Japanese airport taking top honours thanks to its track record.
The airport's impeccable baggage record has to do with the way that staff places the suitcases on carousels
Of the top 10 airports worldwide for baggage, seven of the ten are located in Asia
Skytrax, a UK-based airline and airport consultancy, recently analysed data from hundreds of airports around the world for its World Airport Awards 2015.
Of the 550 airports examined in 112 nations around the world, Japanese airports fared best - especially when it came to taking care of passengers' luggage.
Reviews from 13 million users found not just Kansai International in the top spot, but Tokyo's Haneda International in sixth place and Narita International coming in tenth.
Asian airports accounted for seven of the top 10 when it came to baggage handling, followed by Copenhagen, Munich and Zurich.
Last year, Kansai International came 12th in overall airport rankings, while Singapore's Changi Airport took the top spot.
London's Heathrow Airport came in eighth overall this year, up from the tenth spot in 2014.
TOP 10 AIRPORTS FOR LUGGAGE:
1. Kansai International Airport, Japan
2. Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong
3. Changi Airport, Singapore
4. Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport
5. Incheon International Airport, South Korea
6. Haneda International Airport, Japan
7. Copenhagen Airport, Denmark
8. Munich International Airport, Germany
9. Zurich International Airport, Switzerland
10. Narita International Airport, Japan
Kansai International was originally designed to help with the overcrowding from nearby Osaka International