Saturday, November 10, 2012

Yes 4G Store (Lot 10) abused elderly




This incident happen on 7th Nov 2012 @ Yes 4G Store Lot 10.
My father wanted to make payment. After waited for nearly 2 hour, he voice out his dissatisfaction to one of the customer service representative. In between the conversation, my dad told the staff his YesID for 3 times and that staff still cant get it and unable to converse in proper English. End up the staff ask that my dad to fill in h
imself but my dad unable to do so due to poor vision/diabetes. The staff was frustrated and not agree with the complains and walk out from the store.

30min later, after my father done his payment, the staff with his 2 other friends followed my dad to the lif lobby and beat my dad without mercy. Punches and kicks from 2-3 teenager for 1 minute non-stop really could knock off a 60 years old man and my father did not fight back!! (CCTV recorded)

No security personal offer any help instead of stand & watch the whole incident. They dont even call an ambulance and I have to send my father to hospital with my own car. My father suffer 4 broken bones and bruises. Police report been made.

CCTV footage be obtain by Police Dept. I had read what you guys comments everywhere and I know all I got is a few pictures but if this incident happen to one of your family member,how do you feel?

This is what happen when unprofessional organisation hire idiot staff who cant handle small complain. Until now I have not been contact by any YTL's personal regarding this issue.

You have the right to respond but not with physical injuries.

Yes, as a customer WE PAY AND WE GET BEATEN!!

Friends, Please SHARE!!!!!!
 — with 星州日报.

No comments:

RM1 billion takeover of KKMart coming soon.

  Conspiracy, conspiracy. That is the hot issue today. Before I start, can you guess WHO STAND TO GAIN OVER THE SOCK ISSUE? EBIT LIEW LOST H...