Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hunger knows no religion, race and breed


By. Shin Na-yun

Chotu Kumar, a six-year-old boy, is suckling on milk from stray dogs whenever he gets hungry in India in a footage, the Huffington Post reported on July 6. 

The video shows the boy grabbing at the bitch’s hind legs so he can drink her milk, and surprisingly the dog lets him drink. 

Chotu is living with his mother Shanichari Devi, 37, his grandmother Amiya Devi, 60, and his two brothers -- Bola, 14, and Mahesh, 3, in a mud house in Jharkhand, eastern India.

His mother and grandmother go out to the forest to collect firewood and find forest food. And the elder brother was forced to go out to work to earn money for the family but he only brings home under £20 a month (about 35000won) working at a nearby hotel. After his father's death four years ago, the family has been going through a hard time because of poverty. 

“Our family is very poor, sometimes I get hungry” the Indian boy said. “The dog doesn't bite me. I like her and she likes me, she treats me like one of her puppies. I love to play with the dogs, they’re my friends.” 

However, his mother was shocked when she saw the scene at first. "While he was playing with the dogs outside the house I saw him drinking the bitch's milk. I was so shocked. I ran over and pulled him away. But ever since whenever he is hungry he has always slipped back. I have let him because I know how hungry he is" she said.

Internet users who saw the video clip on YouTube posted comments like "I'm so sorry to him, I can't say anything" and "We have to help the starving boy at any cost." 

According to Unicef, 50 percent of children under the age of three are malnourished in rural areas of Jharkhand. It shows the reality of harsh life in India, too.
************************************************************
There is no boundary when it comes to hunger.  The day will come when more Malaysians will face hunger.  Must we allow the UMNO Government to continue giving Mykad, free education and jobs to migrates who are imported to bring in the votes for them?


Are we so useless?

No comments:

Zahid's land corporation proposal is insidious, unfeasible

  One proposal announced by no less than Deputy Prime Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi went relatively unnoticed at the recently concluded  Anwar...