Every 3 taxpayers support 2 civil servants in Malaysia
Most bloated civil service
* With 1.3 million civil servants to a population of 26 million, Malaysia has one of the highest civil servants-to-population ratio in the world by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development standards.
* In 2009, Malaysia’s civil servants-to-population ratio was the highest in Asia Pacific. The ratio was 4.68 per cent, compared to Singapore’s 1.5 per cent, Indonesia’s 1.79 per cent, Korea’s 1.85 per cent and Thailand’s 2.06 per cent all of which have less than half our ratio.
Subject: Civil Servants in Malaysia...Alarming Figures
1. Number of civil servants in Malaysia
2000 - 894,788
2008 - 1.2M
2011 - 1.3M+
During 2000 to 2008, increase of 300,000 or each year 38,151 or each day 104.
2 . Money spent on salary / remuneration
2005 - RM25.6Billion
2008 - RM41.0Billion (or from each tax payer RM22,800)
An increase of a whopping 60% during 3 years only. If it is private company, sure "bungkus"!
3. Population that pays tax 1.8M
Number of civil servants 1.2M
Meaning every 1.5 tax payer support 1 civil servant.
4. Population Vs number of civil servant. (I believe should be one of the highest in the world)
Best way to bleed a budget dry
* Much of the budget (2011) continues to go into operating a bloated civil service. As much as three quarters of the national budget is spent on paying salaries and other benefits to over 1.3 million civil servants.
A post-2011 Budget dialogue highlighted the massive amount (35 per cent of the total RM162.8 billion operating expenditure) to be spent on emoluments, pensions and gratuities of civil servants. A panelist, Ministry of Finance budget division director Datuk Dr Rahmat Bivi Yusuff admitted that there is a need to trim the civil service to reduce the budget deficit.
Best way to bankrupt this nation
* Whilst it is the growing trend of many countries to reduce their civil service, the PM’s Department in particular, has done the opposite. It more than doubled its number of civil servants from 21,000 to 43,554 this year. In stark contrast, the White House employs only 1,888 staff.
* The White House budget is US$394 million for 2011. The PM’s Department has been allocated a whopping RM18.14 billion for the year 2011, almost double the RM10.2 billion 2010.
* Pemandu, which stands for Performance, Management and Delivery Unit, was set up last year under the Najib administration as one of the pillars in his Government Transformation Plan… is a massive drain on resources. In a span of two months the government spent RM20 million just to pay 50 consultants,.
Best contradiction of 1Malaysia
* As at 31 December 2009, the racial breakdown of the Malaysian civil service comprising 1,247,894 employees was as follows: Malay (78.2 per cent); Other Bumiputras (7.7 per cent); Chinese (5.8 per cent), Indian (4.0 per cent); and Others (4.2 per cent).
* “This is the worst multi-racial composition of the government service, with the lowest Chinese and Indian representation in the public service in Malaysia’s 53-year history. This is clearly seen from the three sets of comparative figures of the racial breakdown of the civil service before the NEP (1971) and as compared to Dec. 2009 – Malays (60.80 per cent and 78.2 per cent); Chinese (20.2% and 5.8 per cent); Indians (17.4 per cent and 4.0 per cent); and Others (1.6 per cent and 4.2 per cent).
Best in corruption
* Last year two out of five civil servants were deemed corrupt by Cuepacs. It was described as a worrying trend that needed to be tackled urgently.
* Cuepacs President Omar Osman revealed that a total of 418,200 or 41 per cent of the 1.2 million civil servants in the country were suspected to be involved in corruption last year (Bernama, 2 June 2010).
Best “dumping ground” Mohd Ariff Sabri Abdul Aziz, a former state assembly member of Pahang who is a member of Umno and who uses the pen-name Sakmongkol AK47, in his blog entry wrote: “Government service shouldn’t be treated as a dumping ground for academic rejects and mediocre material. Let’s demand a certain high standard and ensure we bring in talent that supports the demand for high standards.
“What has the government done to improve the efficiency and competence of government servants? There isn’t really competition there if the service is dominated by one race. There isn’t sufficient quality if the entry-level qualifications are so-so.
“Yet each year, to placate civil servants, the PM will appear on TV to say, we honour our civil servants because they have done a good job, blah blah. Which is not entirely true. The service is slow, the quality of officers is questionable.”
But Umno likes Muhyiddin’s make-believe. The next General Elections must be close at hand. Civil servants are made to believe that Umno is their (political) paymaster and they owe it to Umno. The party’s leaders would do or say anything to convince the government servant of this, even praising them as “the best civil servants in the world”!
THE MALAYSIAN ROGUE BANKER WHO WEAR’S SHEEP’S CLOTHING
Who are Nazir Razak & Azlina Aziz? How they cheated the rakyat’s money through CIMB Bank?
Datuk Seri Nazir Razak currently holds the CIMB group CEO position and has made headlines as the CEO of the year by the Malaysian-ASEAN Corporate Governance Index Awards 2013. As brother to Malaysia’s Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Najib Razak, questions arise as to whether his quick rise to success has to do with his brother’s position. Nazir is often described as a humble business man who shies away from the limelight despite his success. Behind this fascade lies a tale that will shock most Malaysians. Corruption and nepotism allegations have arisen due to Nazir’s lavish double life.
Pictured is the RM180 million ringgit mansion in Holland Park (one of the most posh areas in the United Kingdom) that is owned by Nazir Razak
NAZIR RAZAK IS QUITE THE CAR ENTHUSIAST, HE OWNS 12 POSH CARS FOR USE WHEN HE IS ON HOLIDAY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM, THESE R…
Argentina has Eva Peron.
Malaysia has Maria Chin Abdullah.
By now many people will have known that it is not Najib that gave the command for Maria to be held under Sosma but Rosmah.
Today a Chinese Muslim by the name of Maria Chin Abdullah had done what the whole world is not able to and that is to put Rosmah and Najib into sleepless nights and is their biggest nightmare.
TODAY ALL MALAYSIANS AROUND THE WORLD SALUTE MARIA CHIN ABDULLAH TO BE THE FIRST MOST POWERFUL WOMAN IN MALAYSIA TO UNDERMINE THE POWER OF ROSMAH MANSOR. Maria Chin Abdullah, born Mary Chin Cheen Lian, laughs off a question on whether she felt like Katniss Everdeen, the heroine inThe Hunger Games, when she led the massive Bersih 4 rally last August.
Chin, who turns 60 this year, credits instead the strength of the Bersih 2.0 committee in the election watchdog’s fight for electoral reform and good governance.
She is very clear that change or the effort to “save Malaysia” is not the work of one person alone.