Thursday, June 24, 2010

Customer Service



Harrods the first retail group in Britain had offered its own staff a complete BA Honours, a two year degree course in sales. The course includes modules in human behaviour, psychology and business enterprise, designed to improve the students’ sales skills and effectiveness.

It would be ideal if our retail companies follow what Harrods is doing. I have had many bad experiences where the staff can tell you point blank “I tak tahu,” and walk away. I believe in any service business be it hypermarket, stores, government department dealing direct with the public, restaurants and many others must ensure their staff understand their functions as they are the first person a customer sees. Rude staff can spoil a person’s day and I hate that.

No comments:

RM1 billion takeover of KKMart coming soon.

  Conspiracy, conspiracy. That is the hot issue today. Before I start, can you guess WHO STAND TO GAIN OVER THE SOCK ISSUE? EBIT LIEW LOST H...